- What are my email server settings?
- What are the settings that I need to know ...
- I can't send mail! ...OR... I just received this ...
- How do I create new email accounts?
- How do I use an .htaccess file?
- Outlook timeout while connecting to my IMAP account. What ...
- How do I administer my managed virtual server
- How do I configure Thunderbird for email
- Advance spam filtering (DSPAM)
How do I upload my web pages to my web site?
So you've created a few web pages on your computer but you don't know how to get them onto your web site. What do you do?
First,we recommend that you have a professional web developer do this for you, or at least help you. We can give you names of good ones if you like.
However, if you are technically savvy, and patient, read on...
You'll need an FTP username and password to connect to your site. If we haven't provided you with one you can create one yourself by loging into our dashboard, here http://dashboard.brownrice.com and then click -> Hosting -> yourwebsiteaddress.com -> Manage -> Users -> Add FTP user.
Remember the FTP username and password that you've just created. You'll need that info shortly!
You'll need to upload or transfer your web files to your web site.
Generally, the best way to acheive this is by using an FTP (File Transfer Protocal) program to transfer your files from your computer to your web site. There are many free FTP programs available for free on the internet. Here are a couple:
FileZilla (for PC's)
Fetch (for Mac's)
Once you've selected your FTP software and downloaded and installed it on your computer you'll need to open it and enter the settings that we sent you within your "your site is on the Brownrice Servers!" email or by using the FTP username and password that you've just created.
We can't do this for you as each FTP program is different. However, the essential idea is this: You'll need to get the html pages and images from your computer and drag them all into the "docs" directory on your web site via FTP.
- What is the embed code for my web cam?
- Where are my web camera statistics?
- What is web hosting?
- How does one properly migrate a web site to Brownrice?
- What is the initial path to my web site after I FTP into my server?