Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 and 2013 Settings
Open Outlook and click on File > Add Account.
Select "Manually configure server settings..." (no need to enter information in this window). Then click Next.
Verify that radio button for Internet E-mail is chosen. Then click Next.
Enter your name, e-mail address, server information, and logon information following the example shown below.
- Select IMAP for the Account Type from the dropdown menu.
- In both Incoming and Outgoing mail server fields, type in"mail.brownrice.com"
- Enter your full email address into the User Name field.
- Then type in your password and make sure the "Remember password" box is checked.
- Also make sure the Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) box in unchecked.
- Click More Settings.
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the checkbox "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication".
- Verify that the radio button for "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" is chosen.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Change the Outgoing server (SMTP) to 587 from 25.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Test Account Settings will run and then "Voila' you are set up!