How do I set up a new web site on my SmartVPS?
Here's how to setup hosting for a new web site or subdomain to be hosted on your SmartVPS
You can add as many web site hosting accounts to your SmartVPS as you like. There are no additional charges for this.
To setup a site login to the dashboard and then click:
- yourvpsname.com -> Manage (green button)
- Web sites
- Add New Website or Subdomain (green button)
Now your SmartVPS is configured. Next you'll most likely need to add your new web site address to the Brownrice DNS servers so the internet knows where your new site lives:
- In the dashboard click the DNS tab.
- Click the blue Add DNS Domain button on the right-side of the page.
- Enter your Domain Name (i.e. whiterice.com)
- Select the correct IP address - if you only have one SmartVPS then there will only be one IP to choose from, so choose that one ;)
And finally, if you haven't yet done so, you'll need to ensure that the web site that you just set up for hosting has its DNS server addresses pointed to Brownrice's . If your domain name is registered with Brownrice just click the Domains tab and change the DNS servers to read:
Otherwise if your domain name is registered with another registrar you'll need to login to that registrar and change the DNS server addresses to read:
Note: I can take up to 24 hours for registrar changes to make their way around the internet, so be patient. If you suspect something isn't right, or need help, please feel free to contact us and we'll get you squared away!