If you've been using a temporary brownrice.com URL to build your site on our servers prior to it going live (e.g. yourwebsite.brownrice.com) you'll want to change that temporary address "yourwebsite.brownrice.com" to just be "yourwebsite.com." Here's how:
Via our Dashboard (easiest option)
- Login to http://dashboard.brownrice.com
- Click -> VPSs -> yourvps.com Manage -> Web Sites
- Find the web site you'd like to fix.
- Click the small pencil icon to the right of Wordpress URL:
- Enter the live URL of the website (https://yourwebsite.com) and click the Set button
- Check your Wordpress site and ensure that its working correctly.
Via Wordpress Directly (harder but better if you don't have dashboard access)
- Login to Wordpess: http://yourwebsite.com/wp-login.php
- Click -> Settings -> General.
- Change both the Wordpress address and Site Address to read: https://yourwebsite.com.
- Click Save Changes.
- Click Permalinks.
- Click Save Changes (yes, you don't actually change anything on the Permalinks page, you only click Save Changes.)