When logged into the Brownrice Filemanager, if you open an .htaccess file by double-clicking the file it will open in a preview mode which doesn't allow you to edit it.
So how do I edit it?
Follow these steps to edit the .htaccess or other hidden file:
- Navigate to the file's directory, click on the file so it's selected.
- In the right-hand side-bar, click the 'Preview' drop-down, then click 'Choose other ...'.
- Choose 'Source Editor' from the list.
- Click 'Close' to close the file.
- Double click the file to re-open. It will now open in a new tab and you can edit it! All hidden files should now follow this behavior.