We currently offer Email Hosting for our Smart VPS, Dedicated and Webcam Hosting customers.
Email Hosting is $2/month per domain and $2 per email account. Or $4 for the first email (including the domain) and $2/account thereafter. So for five email addresses @yourwebsite.com, you would pay $12/month.
Important: In order to have email hosted through Brownrice, the MX records of the domain you are trying to use will need to be set to spam1.brownrice.com and spam2.brownrice.com.
Here are the instructions for getting started:
- Log in to the Dashboard > Click on Email Hosting tab on the top of page.
- Click Add Email Hosting
- Enter your email domain--the part of your email address after the @ symbol (ie 'yourwebsite.com' within "email@example.com")
- Wait a few minutes for the service to be added to account and the computers to finish their process.
- Click on Manage Email Accounts - this will take you to a different page where you will also click Manage Email Accounts
- This opens a new window with the email account administration panel from which new email accounts, forwards, email robots, and mailing lists are all managed.
- Click New Email Account.
- Enter the new email account information and then click on ADD.
- Once you have created the new email account, then you can set it up inthe email program of your choice (like Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.) to receive email on your computer. Click here for full instructions for each email program.
Tags: add, email