How do I add a subdomain to my hosting account?
Add a subdomain to your hosting account:
- Login to http://dashboard.brownrice.com with an email address that we have on file.
- Click -> Site Hosting & Email -> yourwebaddress.com Manage (green button) -> Add Subdomain
- Follow instructions.
What happens next? If your hosting account is called example.com and you created a subdomain called stage then our servers will do these things:
- Create an FTP directory called docs.stage where you'd upload your files to.
- Modify the web servers config so that you can access this subdomain at http://stage.example.com
- Add the correct DNS entries for this all to work (if Brownrice is the DNS server for example.com)
If you need a new FTP account, or MySQL database, just click the FTP Accounts and Databases button and follow those instructions.